Thursday, August 04, 2011

A mini assignment book

I love to make mini albums but I dont make them as often as Id like. I have lots of blank albums in a box just waiting for the creative itch to strike. Ive had this little maya road chipboard album for years. Its a cute little d-ring binder with chipboard pages. The moment I saw it I knew what I wanted to do.

Ive been looking to do a little notebook to keep track of design team assignments. Something to keep the lists of things to do and due dates and all that fun stuff. A d-ring is perfect!! I can refill the pages over and over and keep the book longer. Perfect.

I decided against painting the book because I liked the kraftiness of it. (plus it made the project faster) I used mod podge to adhere the papers and then embellished. Its all paper scraps of October Afternoon, Elle's Studio journaling card and Jenni Bowlin. The stamp is Bookish Tia from the NEW Some Odd Girl release.

Front Cover


Inside binder






Wouldnt it also be awesome for a little young lady going back to school? I bet my nieces would adore something like this. I can not wait to use it. I just need cut and punch some notebook paper to fill it Easy peasy :)

I also get to think up something to do with the cool chipboard pages I took out of it. Hopefully I'll have another fun project in the works soon

11 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a great mini album. I have only made a few. They are so fun to make though.

Steph said...

This is so cute! I might try making one for my niece. She would love it!

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nicely done grreat job and nice and clean... thanks for sharing...i to love mini abums...

Anita Scroggins said...

Very cute - love the papers and the embellies! I have one of these little albums, and I used the pages I took out of mine with plain o' binder rings. I made another cute album with the the pages that way.

Tracy said...

How fun!

I'm hopping over from Night Owl Crafting's linky party -- I'd love to invite you to share your fabulous project at my weekly linking party -- it's up on Thursday evening through Tue. Stop by if you'd like :)
Tracy
Craft Junkie Too

Tasha said...

Oh my this is totally adorable, i love the colours and the fab embellishing - super cute
love tasha xx

Pocketful of Littles said...

These are too cute! I wish I was that crafty

Do you sell these anywhere I would love to buy one


Ms. Patterson
Pocket Full of Kinders

Cor* said...

This is totally totally awesome! Fabulous creation. I too want to make more out of the box creations! So glad you are staying on to be ODD this term....I'm very excited to be here! YAY!

Liz Michaud said...

So cute! Such a great idea too!

Jessica Nicely said...

This is SOOOO freakin cute!!! :) I love it!! :)

Datssocute said...

This is adorable! I want to make one for my little guy, but he's a little small now. I'll be saving this for later! Thanks so much! BJ