Friday, July 01, 2011

Hello July!

July is here!!!! and Im very thankful June is over. June was a whirlwind of emotions both happy and sad.

My baby sister got married so there was the bachelorette party, the rehearsal, the wedding all in the same week . Fun but exhausting.

I ran/taught the crafts at a camp for children with cancer on 3 hours sleep the day after the wedding.. Camp is very fun and rewarding but it always makes me miss the kids that are no longer there.... and that was made worse by the lack of sleep.  I cried on the way home.

We started taking Aubrey to the pool (and she loves it) She also has fits when you take her out of it.

My husband's best friend was killed in a hit and run motorcycle accident. The funeral, the calling hours, time spent with his kids. He was only 46 and the nicest guy Ive ever met. Its was awful

My husband blew out his knee..... not once but twice. (its a old football injury from college) He had to walk with a crutch most of the month.  He cant really help much with Aubrey and he's on icky pain pills

Tensions are running high.... fights happen more often than normal.... everyone is emotional.... JUNE SUCKS

I swear I didnt mean to write a book.... I guess I just felt the need to get all that out...... and to try to get back to normal if I can.

Now to make the mood a little happier and to get Debbie Downer the hell out of dodge.... I present the FABULOUS Bright and Blinding challenge at Some Odd Girl! This challenge pretty much had Sarah written all over it.... afterall its all about BRIGHT COLORS.

Here is my card using Beachy Tia

Papers are from October Afternoon. Super cool plastic flowers were a garage sale find.

Im also entering her into the following challenges
Craft Us Crazy (summer)
Rudy's Rainbow (flowers)
Scrapbook Sisters (summer)
Bee Crafty (summers here!)
Bearly-Mine (summers here)
Wags 'n Whiskers (summertime)
Paper Shelter (anything goes)
Stamps R us (there was a little girl)
Stamp Something (digi day)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

so sorry for your loss, sarah. what a crazy month of emotions. here's hoping things plateau for all of you soon. <3

tiggertastic said...

i am so sorry to hear of your loss, this is heart braking as i am a keen biker and always feel for anyone involved in any accident let alone something like this :(

i do love your summery card, it is very cheery and you have picked a perfect image

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft