Friday, July 15, 2011

On the Lily Pad

This week I am guest designing for Lily Pad Cards. The theme for their challenge this week is.... PATRIOTIC! It can be your country or your state (or province) pride.

I pondered the theme for a bit. I thought about doing an Ohio card......but Id almost certainly have to include a buckeye on that and THIS girl went to PENN STATE (and therefor is not a fan of that funky nut) Then I remembered the little flag picks that I had left over from a party several years ago.

The flag picks that were still packed somewhere in my basement because.....
1. I moved when my daughter was 3 weeks old and I didnt get everything unpacked and
2. They were packed with all my novelty drinking accessories and lets face it... I dont have many parties with funky shots and drinking games anymore now that I have a toddler.

So of course since I remembered that I had them I set out on a mission to find them. It didnt take me very long thankfully.... and they were perfect!

So here it is..... my red, white and blue card using Sweet Thinkin Mae clear stamp from Some Odd Girl.


 Im also entering her into the following challenges:
Charisma (its in the stars)
Simon Says Stamp (anything goes)
Prarie Fairy (summer holiday)


Now hop on over to Lily Pad and play along! Prize is 5 digis from SOG! That is an amazing score for the winner

If anyone wants a few flag picks let me know (in the comments)..... i have a gazillion and i can mail you a few for just 1 stamp

11 comments:

Vicky said...

Great card Sarah! I lovethe doily and the transparent star! Thanks for joining out lily pad design team on this challenge!

Sylvia Blum said...

aww.. this is the adorable! love how you did the background: the opposites (the 'whimsical' lace and the 'graphical' flag) makes it even more interesting!
and of course, that image is the cutest.. love Mae! :)
Sylvia xx

Pamela said...

What an awesome card!!! :)

Steph B said...

Adorable card! Great use of the flag pick.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sarah, what a fun card. I love the cute image and your stars are perfect. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

darcy48 said...

Hi Sarah love the card and the colours Arlinex

Christel said...

What a cute card! Love the doily and the colours.
Thanks for joining Charisma cardz this week.
Christel

Heather said...

What a fantastic Patriotic card, fabulous details and I love how you'e incorporated the flag with the image!!

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Kelly said...

Great card and great use of your national colors for the holiday. Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

BrossArtAddiction said...

Absolutely love it! Can't get enough of seeing these patriotic cards!


Thanks for playing along with us at "Fairy Fun Fridays" and good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx FFF/DT

Cor* said...

ooooooooooo SARAH.....beautiful SOG creation! love the colors! Love the meshy blue even more! Thanks so much for being on holidays with us at FFF this fortnight! Don't forget that Prairie Fairy Designs has a HA----YOOG Super Summer Fun Sale of 35 images & 10 sentiments for one great price! Come check it out.