Monday, June 14, 2010

Color Inspiration experiment

I have a little stash of photos stashed on my hard drive that inspire me for one reason or another. Last week I fould these killer curtains on the Anthropologie website.
The color combo is unique and the crinkliness adds a cool textural effect. I also love the big flowers and funky swirls.

Here is the layout I created from the picture......

 The large flowers were created by soaking a piece of gray cardstock with water,  crumpling it into a ball, spraying with glimmer mist and drying it with my heat gun. After that I hand cut the flowers.


The flowers are so cool... like a leathery fabric look..... i also doodled around the edges because well.... i kinda have issues with needing to do that.

Also the silver hambly likes to create odd shadows with my scanner so pay no attention to the shine.

I hope this photo will inspire you like it did me!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

This layout is just beautiful

Scrapenabler said...

Love your layout and the flowers are really cool!