Sunday, January 27, 2008

More challenges


I love how some songs are so catchy that you can hear them once and find them dancing thru your brain. Last week we went to see Sweeny Todd and for some reason the songs stuck with me. I hope they have a soundtrack. I already know I need the Juno soundtrack, might as well pick them both up at once.

I have really been loving challenges lately. They can so help when the mojo is just not there. This layout is actually for 2. The theme was inspired by the Scrappin the Music #20 Blessed by Martina McBride. The paint was inspired by a challenge at Tallyscrapper to paint at least 40% of your layout. Its a sloppy mess, but its mine :) I accidentally ripped the L off and liked how it looked so I didnt glue it back on!

I also finished this layout for Allyscraps using the Owl pals line from Sassafras Lass. Since Ive owl'd it up before I used it in a non-Owlie fashion.

My grandmas ring is very special to me. She died right before I turned 12. She had lung cancer. One night she went thru her jewelry piece by piece and listed who she wanted to have what. This is the ring she left to me. I wear it on special occasions so I can take her with me. I love the big pearl. Its so pretty and funky.

The lace chipboard circle is handmade. I used a piece of an old lace shirt to cover the circle. The rest of the lace is vintage from The Embellishment Studio (as are the buttons)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your layout! Its amazing how great a layout can look with so much paint! Thank you for taking part in this weeks STM challenge.

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Great LO. Don't you just love those journaling cards and of course Love Elsie paper!

Brandi said...

This is awesome! I love that you did a page on your grandmother's ring!

lauren bergold said...

well of course BOTH of these are terrific! (do you even *do* non-terrific??! i don't think so!) :)