Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A surprise party!

Somehow on Sunday night I had myself a par-tay! I didnt plan on having a party. Heck I didnt even buy any food. We went to that afternoon lake with my SIL and 3 of my nieces. My husband casually invited them to stop by our house afterwards for a cookout. My FIL called and we told him to come along too. On the way home we got a text from some friends and told them we were hanging out and to stop by. Those friends told some other friends. .......

Before we knew it we were entertaining a group of 15 people. . Most people stopped at the store and picked up stuff. I had to do all the leg work. Make the burgers, the dogs, the veggie kabobs, the fruit and get everything all set up but the only thing that actually came out of my pantry were the veggies for the kabobs (and some liquor from my stash) . SIL brought a ton of sides. Others brought beer and soda. It was the cheapest party I think I ever hosted and SO much fun. We drank, ate, played cards, broke out the roulette table and dh gave my nieces a lesson on how to play. Aubrey had so much attention and had a blast. Mommy got a tad tipsy since she rarely drinks. It was a great time.

Check out my awesome kabobs. Im new to grilling (in my family the men always grilled) and these are the first thing I made(and perfected) all on my own.

They are so so good! I could eat them everyday. They are even good on pizza (I used the leftovers to make tonights dinner)

I also got a little scrappy this weekend. Mostly design team work. A few fun halloweeny proects for thoughts2paper and 1 layout with the stunning September tidbitz in time kit (I'll have a peek up soon!) Here is one non design team layout I finished. I just adore this photo of dh and Aubs

The yellow flower got a little squished in the scanner. I used the KI Bloom line again. I love it so and it was such a tuesday morning steal! $2.99 for the entire collection. Cant beat that!

2 comments:

jeannine said...

Amazing how a party can come together so fast, isn't it?? Lol! Your kabobs look great and that is my favorite thing to grill also! Sounds like you had a great time with family and friends!!

Liz said...

Oh my the kabobs I'm hungry looking at them lol...
Sounds like a great time..
Love the bargain and the layout....
Be ready for the last box of the year coming soon.. You'll love it...
Hugs
Liz