Friday, August 17, 2007
A little snowman tutorial
How to make this cute little snowman I used on this card
What you need:
*5 mini black brads
*one orange brad
*small piece of ribbon
*small square of black cardstock
*fuzzy nubby white fiber.
*Cardstock for background
*glue stick, paper piecer, stapler, scissors
1. I went off the skein and made 3 fuzzy little swirlies. I swirled them to the size I needed for this particular snowman. My swirlies are 2", 1.75" and 1,25". (doing this in random shapes makes super cute clouds)
2. When your swirlies are the desired size cut and tuck the tail behind. If you dont like the look of the swirl you can rub the fiber and make it look messy
3. Using your glue stick make a circle on your cardstock base approximately the size of your snowball.
4. Firmly press the snowball onto the cardstock
5. Use a paper piecer to punch hole threw your snowball where the eyes, nose and buttons should be. Insert brads thru your ball and attach.
6. Staple ribbon to the neck area. Twist and staple again so half of the ribbon hangs down. Cut small slits in the end of the dangling ribbon. (I used velvety ribbon)
7. Cut black hat out of a small square of cardstock. I cut 2 pieces... a small sliver curved at the end and a black square rounded at the top. Glue to top of head.
You can use this super cute little snowman on your holiday cards, scrapbook pages or gift tags this Christmas :) Make a large one as a wall hanging.